Best Rate Guarantee - Terms and Conditions
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC (a subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc.), its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Starwood”) will make available the best guest room rates for hotels, resorts, and other transient stay facilities owned, managed or franchised by Starwood and operated under the Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, W Hotel, Le Méridien, Four Points, The Luxury Collection, Aloft, Element, or Tribute Portfolio brands (each, a “Starwood Hotel”, and collectively, the “Starwood Hotels”) and the partner hotels that are listed here (“SPG Partner Hotels”) on the Starwood Websites (the "Best Rate Guarantee"). “Starwood Websites” are the websites owned or operated by or on behalf of Starwood and the Starwood Hotels, including Sheraton.com, Westin.com, StRegis.com, Whotels.com, LeMeridien.com, FourPoints.com, TheLuxuryCollection.com, Alofthotels.com, Elementhotels.com, TributePortfolio.com, SPG.com, and Starwoodhotels.com.
In the unlikely event that a lower rate at a Starwood Hotel or an SPG Partner Hotel is made available on a non-Starwood website or non-Starwood mobile application (the “Competing Rate”), upon its receipt of a claim that satisfies these Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions (the “BRG Terms”), Starwood will honor that Competing Rate and provide the individual that submitted the valid claim one of the following rewards: (1) an additional 20% discount off the Competing Rate per room per night; or (2) 2,000 Starwood Preferred Guest® Starpoints® per room per stay.
- For a claim to be eligible under the Best Rate Guarantee, it must be submitted through the claim submittal webform available here.
- A claim must be submitted within 24 hours after making a confirmed reservation through a Starwood Website, and at least 24 hours (48 hours for non-English Starwood Websites) before the standard check-in time at the applicable Starwood Hotel or SPG Partner Hotel.
- A claim form may be rejected by Starwood if it is incomplete, is submitted in an unsupported language, or concerns a non-Starwood website or mobile application that is in an unsupported language.
- Only one claim may be submitted in connection with any confirmed reservation. The name on the submitted claim form for such claim must match the name on the relevant confirmed reservation.
- For the Competing Rate to be valid at a Starwood Hotel, it must be a currently available lower published room rate available online or on a mobile application for the same Starwood Hotel, the same dates, the same number of guests, the same room type, with a similar view and room size, and include similar or additional value-added amenities (e.g., free breakfast). For the Competing Rate to be valid at an SPG Partner Hotel, it must be a currently available published room rate available online or on a mobile application for the same SPG Partner Hotel and the same dates that is lower than the lowest rate available on the Starwood Websites, regardless any other factors including the number of guests, room type, view, room size or amenities,
- For purposes of comparing the Competing Rate and the rate available on the Starwood Websites, only the Competing Rate and the rate available on the Starwood Websites that are each available at the time the applicable claim is processed will be considered by Starwood. Starwood will compare the total room cost of a stay, and multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same hotel or hotels) in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation.
- Starwood will convert any Competing Rate offered in a different currency than the rate made available through the Starwood Websites, and may deny claims where it determines that the difference between the rates is due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Booking fees, extra adult fees, fees for children, rollaway charges will be included in the rate comparison for Starwood Hotels and booking fees will be included in the rate comparison for SPG Partner Hotels. Taxes, gratuities, or any mandatory charges that may apply at Starwood Hotels or SPG Partner Hotels (e.g., resort charges) will be excluded from the rate comparison.
- The estimated value of value-added amenities (e.g., free breakfast, tickets, gas coupons) offered as part of a Competing Rate will be excluded from the rate comparison (unless such amenities are also included in the applicable rate being offered on the Starwood Websites for Starwood Hotels only), and will not be provided by Starwood when honoring a lower rate (unless such amenities are also included in the applicable rate being offered on the Starwood Websites for Starwood Hotels only).
- Starwood may deny claims where the difference between the Competing Rate and the rate on the Starwood Website is less than one percent; provided that Starwood will not use the fact that the difference between the Competing Rate and the rate on the Starwood Website is less than one percent to deny such claims if the cancellation policy for the Competing Rate is more favorable to the guest than the cancellation policy for the rate on the Starwood Website.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to:
- Unpublished or negotiated rates (e.g., corporate discount rates, group rates, meeting rates);
- Rates requiring a paid membership in a club or other organization or a free membership in a club or other organization if such membership is contingent upon the member’s type of employment;
- Rates offered pursuant to direct mail or email solicitations, requiring a credit card in order to view the Competing Rate or the use of discount codes or coupons to book such Competing Rate, or otherwise not intended for the general public;
- Package rates (e.g., rates that include a combination of a room and airfare, an overnight cruise, car rental);
- Rates offered by, or on behalf of, unit owners or a home owners association for stays at Starwood Hotels owned or managed by Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates;
- Rates offered by opaque providers (e.g., Hotwire, Priceline) that do not provide the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made;
- Individual rate plans not offered to the general public.
- Rates on sites, applications and other sources, channels or outlets that do not provide the ability to make a real-time reservation (e.g., an “on request” rate), that do not provide immediate hotel confirmation, or that require 5 minutes or more to validate a reservation (e.g. Ctrip);
- Pre-paid, advance purchase, or non-refundable rates on Ctrip; and
- Rates available on Starwood online or voice channels compared to Starwood online or voice channels (for example, comparisons to rates found on later searches on the same or different Starwood channels), including rates found on Starwood-affiliated, private label, or property standalone websites.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to existing reservations that are not booked through a Starwood Website, and Starwood is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel (e.g., a call center, a non-Starwood booking channel).
- For SPG Partner Hotels, the Best Rate Guarantee only applies to reservations booked at the lowest available rate available at the SPG Partner Hotel on a Starwood Website at the time of booking.
- In the event that a Best Rate Guarantee claim is validated, Starwood will adjust the rate on the confirmed reservation to the lowest available rate that Starwood is able to verify, which rate may be different than the rate that was indicated on the applicable claim form.
- The guest who makes a confirmed reservation will be responsible for all costs, expenses and fees associated with such reservation (including, without limitation, any cancellation fees) regardless of whether a Best Rate Guarantee claim is denied.
- Notwithstanding any other restrictions in these BRG Terms, if the applicable website or mobile application requires an individual to be a resident of a certain jurisdiction in order to book rates on such website or mobile application, the Best Rate Guarantee will apply to any Competing Rates found on such website or mobile application. For the avoidance of doubt, if the website or mobile application on which a Competing Rate can be found does not require that an individual be a resident of a certain jurisdiction in order to book any rates on such website or mobile application, the Best Rate Guarantee will not apply to any Competing Rates found on such website or mobile application even if such Competing Rates requires that an individual be a resident of a certain jurisdiction in order to book such Competing Rates.
- If a claim is verified and approved by Starwood, no name changes can be made to the reservation. Reservations are non-transferable and cannot be resold. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the verified and approved reservation.
- The Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where the Starwood Websites or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Starwood’s reasonable control.
- Starpoints will only be available as a Best Rate Guarantee reward if the individual making the valid claim is an SPG Member and the relevant Starwood Hotel is an SPG Participating Hotel or SPG Partner Hotel. A Best Rate Guarantee Reward (either Starpoints or the additional 20% discount) for any valid Best Rest Guarantee claim will only be available for up to three guest rooms per confirmed reservation; provided that for any valid Best Rate Guarantee claim, Starwood will adjust the rate for all guest rooms on the relevant confirmed reservation to the lowest available rate that Starwood is able to verify (which rate may be different than the rate that was indicated on the applicable claim form).
- Starwood may deny claims where the applicable Starwood Hotel or SPG Partner Hotel will no longer be operating as a Starwood Hotel or SPG Partner Hotel, as applicable, on the date of the stay.
- Starwood has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim and will not review documentation provided by the individual submitting a claim as part of its validation process. Starwood reserves the right to deny a claim, if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Competing Rate at the time it processes the claim.
- For purposes of comparing the Competing Rate and the rate available on Starwood channels, only the Competing Rate and the rate available on the Starwood channels that are each available at the time the applicable claim is processed will be considered by Starwood. Rate comparison may include third party “fees” that were inappropriately and without authorization broken out from actual hotel rates by third party sites to create an appearance of lower hotel rates.
- Starwood may at any time and without notice terminate or restrict a person’s ability to submit a claim under or otherwise benefit from the Best Rate Guarantee, if in its sole discretion Starwood determines that such person has: (1) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or ordinances; (2) acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, (3) submitted multiple invalid Best Rate Guarantee claims; (4) failed to stay at the applicable Starwood Hotels or SPG Partner Hotels after receiving approved Best Rate Guarantee Claims; or (5) breached any of these BRG Terms.
- Employees of Starwood, of its affiliates and subsidiaries, and any Starwood brand hotel, and members of such employees’ families residing at the same location are not eligible.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Best Rate Guarantee or these BRG Terms shall be handled individually without any class action, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Void where prohibited by law. Starwood reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee or these BRG Terms at anytime in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Revised: August 2, 2017