Good for business and our planet. You’ll plan a meeting that’s kind to the environment and your budget, because we make sustainability the standard.
Contact your Starwood Sales Associate and we’ll help you meet your corporate responsibility goals.
Less is more with paperless planning.
Go digital and stay on task. Sales proposals, menu selection, room-list creation and reservation crosscheck are all available through our digital sales tools to help you conserve the resources used for your meeting. Reduce paper creation, shipment and unnecessary waste — and save time.
Eco-friendly meetings, every time.
We make sustainability the standard in every aspect of your meeting with practices including:
- Post-consumer recycled paper for printed materials and flip charts, as well as double-sided printing
- Environmentally friendly nonpaper supplies
- Smart resources, including LED signage and whiteboards
- Potted plants, organically grown flowers or sustainably sourced botanicals
- Access to sustainable transportation services
- Recycling bins in all meeting spaces
Food for thought.
With Sustainable Food and Beverage practices, every little bit counts. You can choose:
- Sustainable menu items
- Meeting tables that don’t require coverings — or, if you prefer, tables with reusable coverings
- China service or, if you prefer disposable food packaging, environmentally friendly serving options
- Condiments in bulk dispensers
- Eco-friendly alternatives to conventional bottled water
- To donate unused, leftover food from your meeting
Get an environmental report card.
After your event, we’ll send you a Meeting Impact Report (MIR) that recaps all the sustainable initiatives you selected related to energy and water consumption, waste management, sustainable food choices and meeting services — and the impact of your efforts.
Once your MIR is calculated using the Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative, you can offset the carbon footprint of your meeting. We’ll provide you with a list of donation opportunities through South Pole Carbon, our global carbon-offset partner, that advance emission-reduction projects around the world.
Environmental programs with monumental impact.
You can promote team-building and giving back to the local community with activities* that contribute to your organization’s corporate responsibility goals. We offer on-site and off-site options, including Check Out for ChildrenTM, Clean the World and Make a Green Choice.
*These programs are offered at select hotels and resorts.